Sunday, December 27, 2009

A very busy December

December was a crazy crazy month. Work decided that I should work nights and weekends to make up for bad project management so my free time was non-existent. So needless to say I fell behind on my blog posting. Then, just when my schedule freed up, Joey left our camera at the lake house and it took us a while to get it back. And we all know you cant have a good blog post without pictures. So now here I am, trying to make up for weeks of lost events to share with everyone. I'll do my best.

EGG PUZZLE
So I left off my last post talking about our awesome, super hard 1500 piece egg puzzle. Well, we finally finished it. It took a week or two but because we are super smart Georgia Tech graduates, we figured it out. Although we were missing ONE piece. I know, its really tragic. I couldn't really sleep that night....





























O (MIDGET) CHRISTMAS TREE

We decided to get a real tree this year. I had been using a fake one the past few years but we decided that it was worth it to go all out for our first Christmas together. We went to Home Depot to pick out the perfect tree but it was so cold outside that weekend that we pretty much just got the first one we saw. It turned out to be pretty nice though. Here is a picture of it from the lot. I thought it looked like a midget tree but Joey convinced me that it was tall enough. It turned out he was right and it pretty much hits the ceiling. Shows how much I know...
































We spent the evening decorating it but we dont have very many lights or ornaments so it is a little sad. We didn't have a topper either. Maybe next year. After all that hard work, I fell asleep on the couch. Tree decorating is not an easy job.




















































My favorite ornament. Nothing says Christmas like a fat cat hanging from the tree!















FALCONS GAME

For our Christmas present, my Dad took Joey and I to a Falcons game. We saw the Falcons vs. the Eagles. We got there early to tailgate with him and my brother Kenny. My dad's friends tailgate every weekend and really go all out. This weekend they cooked all sorts of delicious food - philly cheese steaks, boiled peanuts, steak chili, you know, the basic low fat, low calorie football food. And of course, my dad had the jello shots. It was a really good time but we ended up losing pretty bad to the Eagles. It was pretty interesting to see Atlanta fans' reactions to Vick coming to town. It was kind of crazy how many people were just cheering for him and didn't care about the game. I don't know how someone like that has so many admirers...
















































TRAVEL PLANNING

We decided that we are going to take big vacations every year until we have kids. We figure we need to do it know while we have the time, money, and energy. We were thinking we wanted to go to the Greek Islands first so we met with a travel agent to discuss our options. He gave us a huge pile of tour company magazines and brochures to look through. After some extensive discussion and reading, we decided that the Greek Islands can wait and we are going to do something a little more "off the beaten path." We are thinking Egypt, Jordan, and Israel. We really like this company called GAP adventures that takes small groups and roughs it a bit. Here is an itinerary we are considering for the Egypt portion. Sounds pretty crazy huh? The night under the stars on a felucca and a donkey ride through the desert really caught our interest...



























So that pretty much catches up to Christmas....

No comments:

Post a Comment