Friday, July 23, 2010

Cake, Addiction, and Pain


"HOME MADE" BIRTHDAY CAKE!
This is a little out of chronological order but I forgot to share the birthday cake I made for Joey last week. I NEVER bake. But since Joey loves box dessert mixes (for some crazy reason), I decided to make him one of his choice just for his birthday. He choose a ducan hines yellow cake with fudge frosting. I had very high ambitions for decorating this cake. I was going to draw a surfer and write "Happy Birthday Dude!" on it. Unfortunately the decorating frosting I bought completely busted and I had to make due and just carve into the cake instead. Luckily I had these crazy candles to liven it up a bit!
Joey liked it all the same!


GLEE!
Ok, so I never watch TV. I hate most television series either because they are too sappy, ridiculous, offensive, stupid, or dramatic. (I especially hate those that end every episode with a cliff hanger - I'm just not patient enough for that!) But on my way home from Europe a couple weeks ago, I had nothing to do for 12 hours on the plane so I watched an episode of Glee. I heard that it was a good show from some people I like so I figured why not? The first 30 minutes was the stupidest thing ever but then something clicked and all of a sudden it was hilarious and I was laughing OUT LOUD on the plane...which was a little awkward. It's kind of like a combination of Grease (one of my favorite movies ever) and Freaks and Geeks (a hilarious TV show from a few years ago). I have to admit I'm a sucker for upbeat singing and dancing and dry comedy, especially in a high school context (no that does not mean I like High School Music - although to be fair, I haven't watched it...)
Since I've been back, I've watched every episode on Hulu and am in the process of trying to get the entire series. I'm completely addicted. It's a problem. So I highly recommend giving it a try if you haven't seen it...or don't - if you value your free time.



OWWWW!!!

Last night I was getting something out of the pantry and I dropped a jar of spaghetti sauce on my toe. I'm limping around today and pretty much hanging up my weekend plans since I'm now a cripple. Joey thinks I'm a baby and is dreading the day I give birth...But seriously, it hurt!




HAPPY FRIDAY!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm with Joey on the cake, I also love yellow box cake with choclate icing. But, Ryan loves it even more than me...mabye the same as Joey.

    I'm not with you on the Glee though...I just can't get into it, but I'm pretty sure Nicole loves it. So maybe she's with you on that one...

    AND OMG...so sorry for your little toes! I think there is a difference: at least with the pain of child birth it is expected, there are drugs for it and afterwards you get a perfect little baby. With this all you got was a bruise, and I guess a bowl of speghetti. So I can see how this is worse! Hope you feel better soon, we have some dancing to do on Aug 14!

    ReplyDelete