Saturday, April 23, 2011

Random Post: Playing with Picasa

Hi friends and family. Sorry I have been neglecting you. Work has been pushing my limits and I haven't had any time to spend on leisurely activities like blogging...The last 3 weeks, I have averaged 60-70 hours a week - a new record for me. Part of that has been traveling for fieldwork, so things have just been all up in the air. BUT, there are a few things I want to blog about - Nicole's Visit, Phoenix, Food Pyramids - but not now. Now, I want to randomly talk about Picasa, the photo viewer.

This morning I was looking through my Picasa for some reason and I got sucked into the people naming feature. I love this feature on Picasa - it groups your pictures by faces and lets you name the people. It is SO smart! I can't believe how good it is at recognizing faces. And I always find it entertaining to see where it makes mistakes and who people look like...

This is from my album...apparently I look like Casey Sparks (see second row, first picture). I never really thought about it but I guess so a little bit!


I also look like Sarah Heithaus with pink shades on (last picture, last row). I guess I DO wear those a lot...


It sometimes has trouble with little kids - although not as much as you'd think. But all the cute baby faces from the Johnstons mixes it up quite a bit. Here are two shots from Leah's album. They also contain Sam, Alex, and I think I even saw one of Grace. You can definitely tell they are all related.


Here is Jenny's album - some how Sarah got mixed in. I have also found Joey in Jenny's album before. I can see it!


I'm also impressed when it can identify people in super blurry pictures. Here it found Eric far in the background of a picture (bottom row, second pic).


It is also good at picking out Martin at any age. I couldn't believe it recognized his baby picture!
(bottom row, third pic)


Look! It even found Buddha! (second row, last picture) But it didn't recognize him...



It's also interesting to me where it DOESN'T make mistakes. People have always told me that I look like my friend Chelsea - they even used to refer to us as twins. But look - no mix ups!


And my brother has claimed that I look "exactly like him with a wig on" - well apparently Picasa doesn't think so! Ha!



So that's it. Random, I know. But I always think the people feature is so cool and felt like blogging about something not serious.

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment