May has been a busy month! I can't wait to tell you all about it, but first...
WELCOME JUDE KAYDEN COLLETT!
On April 6th, just 3 days after Jack was born, my little brother Kenny welcomed his own baby boy into the world! Imagine that! My mom has been waiting for grandchildren for years and she gets two in one week! Amazing!
Kenny's girlfriend Macy has a quick and easy labor (lucky girl!) and Jude was born 7 lbs 8 oz and healthy.
Kenny is ecstatic to be a father and is so in love with Jude. I'm so proud to see him all grown up!
Here's a pic of the happy family about 2 weeks ago or so. Ken tells me that Jude is "so chill" and hardly ever cries unless he is hungry - unlike his cousin Jack that can be quite fussy! They are so lucky! I'm a little jealous but I couldn't be happier for them. :)
People say he looks just like my brother - although I'm not sure it shows in this picture. So cute!
I can't wait for them to meet when we are in Atlanta in August. It is so neat that Jack has so many cousins his age!
I'M HEALED!
In early May I went in for my 6(ish) week postpartum appointment with my midwife - who I LOVE. Have I mentioned how much I loved my midwife Patti? She was the absolute best! She always made me feel so comfortable and happy after every appointment. Unfortunately she wasn't on call the day I went in to labor so she didn't deliver Jack but that's ok. I still enjoyed all my appointments with her. I got this picture with her at my last appointment. Jack is in a weird little gremlin pose for some reason. I think I woke him up. Haha.
Oh, and she said that I'm pretty much recovered and gave me the green flag to start exercising again...so here we go...I'm determined to lose this spare tire / muffin top one way or another!
FIRST FAMILY PICNIC!
The next weekend I organized my first post-baby event! I planned a little family picnic with my pregnant and new momma friends and their husbands that I met through meet-ups. We met at the little park near our house. Jack got a chance to wear his gigantic sun hat. So ridiculous looking! He's going to have to grow into it.. Haha :)
It was a beautiful day. There were 4 couples, 2 with babies, 2 pregnant and due any day. And actually our friend Jasmine went into labor later that night!
Jack was so good. He just slept on Joey's shoulder for a while. So cute.
The girls and Jack. Mary's baby Alex was asleep so she couldn't be in the picture - you never wake a sleeping baby!
Our little family. :)
MY FIRST MOTHER'S DAY
The next weekend was Mother's Day! I don't really feel like a mother yet but I guess I am. Joey got me a sweet card and an iPad mini (yay!) I didn't expect a real gift like that but I had been wanting a mini for a while plus we joked about me deserving a "push present" for giving birth. Then he took Jack for the morning and let me exercise for the first time in over two months! I did Step and it kicked my butt. It is going to be harder to get back into shape than I thought.
We also went to my favorite coffee shop, Pappalecco, for my favorite breakfast- the tricolore salad. Yum!
And a little italian dessert (to undo my exercise :/) but it was AMAZING!
It was a great first mother's day! I'm a lucky girl!
JACK IS SO POPULAR
All throughout the month we continued to get visitors and requests to meet little Jack. Here is my friend Sarah playing with him at our house.
And here are my old coworkers meeting Jack. I took him up to the office one day at lunch. It was right around the 6 week mark and he was SO fussy. He screamed and screamed in the office. Luckily most people were out at lunch and didn't mind too much since he was so cute. Only Rachel would hold him. My other two coworkers are afraid of children but still liked seeing him.
HANGING OUT WITH MOMMY FRIENDS
Jack and I have also been keeping quite busy with lunch dates during the week. He is almost better out in public than he is at home. I think he likes looking around and is bored with our living room. Plus he sleeps like a rock in the stroller. Here is a picture of my hypnobabies friend Jenn at Boudin. She is due on June 15th, a day before my birthday.
Jack was really so good at this lunch. He just sat happily in my lap. I think he was trying to be nice and not scare Jenn about her upcoming little one. That was so considerate of him.
In addition to lunch dates, I've been to a few mommy support groups. I met my other hypnobabies friend Barbara at one this week. Her little boy Daniel was born 1 week before Jack - and hypnobabies worked for her! She strolled into the hospital 10cm dilated 100% effaced, ready to go, and pushed him out in 30 minutes - completely natural! So I guess it does work for some people. I'm not sure what I did wrong..oh well. Good for her!
GRANDPA & GRANDMA HEITHAUS VISIT
Joey's parents came to visit in mid-May for a little over a week. We had a GREAT time and there is so much to share that I have to do a separate post! Look for that in a few days.
MEMORIAL DAY AT THE BEACH
Joey has had a hard time finding time to go surfing with work, school, and a baby so on Memorial day, we all went to the beach as a family. I wasn't sure if Jack would like the beach this young but I figured it was worth a try.
We decided to bring him down in the carseat so he would have a place to sleep if he got really fussy. It was really funny watching Joey carry a surfboard in one arm and a carseat in the other. Haha.
We set up our little Shade Shack tent...
I'll be honest, it didn't go that well. Jack got super fussy and was not interested in the sand, waves, or sights. And I didn't have any way to easily entertain him in the tent. I definitely think we will wait a while before going back.
But Joey got to surf!
Jordan and Fabian also met him out there to surf. Fab loves Jack.
That's it for now...next up Joey's parents in SD! And then Jack's 2 month update! Time flies!



No comments:
Post a Comment