Monday, September 16, 2013

Jack: 5 months!

Due to our long (but awesome) visit to Atlanta and my recent job hunt, I am way behind on blogging so I'm going to make this short...



ESTIMATED SIZE
  • Weighing in at 14lbs 6oz - Gaining about a pound a month - slow but steady.
  • Length - ? - Not measured this month
  • Filling out 6 month outfits - Anxiously awaiting for the next box of hand-me-downs!
  • Doing great in size 3 diapers - No more (or very few) explosions!



DAY TO DAY

  • Hard to say - half the month was in Atlanta which was totally variable. In general, he was still waking up around 7 - 8 ish and taking a nap every 1.5 - 3 hours. AND he still took 3 hours naps in the bed even without the swing! Granted he woke up a time or two and had to be nursed back down, but still.
  • More smiley!  I was just saying last month that he wasn't that smiley and this month he proved me wrong! He was SO smiley in Atlanta and has been since we've been back too. 
  • Loving his toys - Freddie the Firefly and the Winkel chew ball have been great investments! He is really into toys now!
Morning playtime - Jack likes to look at himself in the mirror 

Smiley baby!

Mmm Freddie tastes so good

Chewing on the winkel


Napping in Grandpa's bed


    MILESTONES / BEHAVIORS 
    • More rolling! He flips over with ease now.
    • Lip biting - He looks like a little chipmunk! It is so. stinkin. cute.
    • Bouncing/jumping - He likes to just bounce in your lap. His legs are so strong!
    • Hysterical laughing - He's only done it a couple times - once at me and once at Joey's dad - but it is hilarious. We have a great video of it so maybe I'll try to upload it when I have more time. 
    • Talking up a storm! He has so much to say! Especially when he is staring to get tired.
    • Taking an interest in food - He loves watching us eat. I guess he is almost ready for food!
    • Almost sitting up - He still needs a little help and face plants sometimes but he is getting really close!

    I want a bite!

    Almost sitting up

    Hanging out in cousin Jude's jumper

    Found his bottom lip! I love this little chipmunk face!

    Grandma's hair tastes good!

    Grabbing Grandpa's luxurious locks




    FIRSTS THIS MONTH


    There were a lot of them!
    • First work party
    • First time on an airplane (he did GREAT!)
    • First trip to Atlanta
    • First time meeting his cousins, aunts, uncles, grandpa, etc!
    • First boat ride
    • First time in the lake & pool
    • First mosquito bite
    • First time playing with a dog
    • First trip to Waffle House!
    • First night in a hotel
    • First GT game and tailgate
    Schmoozing at Daddy's Work party

    First flight!

    Meeting a few of the fab 5

    Meeting(almost) all of his cousins!

    Snoozing on his first boat ride

    Meeting Grandpa's dog Molly

    House hunting for Grandma

    First WaHo experience (pre-diaper explosion on daddy's lap)

    Hanging out with Grandpa Ace

    First time in the lake!


    Meeting cousin Jude

    First night in a hotel!

    First time in a pool with Uncle Ken

    First tailgate! 

    First GT game! And we won!


    CHALLENGES
    • Traveling! The flight on the way over went surprisingly smooth and Jack adjusted to the new time zone and sleeping in weird places pretty well. He did have a hard time being carted all over the city and in and out of the carseat - especially the day we went house hunting with my mom. It was also hard to make sure he got his naps in so he wasn't a total monster. Most days were ok though and overall he was a champ!
    • Roly poly - Now that he is really good at rolling, he likes to practice in his sleep! That is making it really really difficult to cosleep. I'm thinking about moving him into his cosleeper but I don't know if I can sleep without him. I'm the one that is addicted!
    • Tantrums?? - Right at the end of this month he has started to throw what seem like tantrums. I thought this wouldn't start until he was way older. Eek!
    Napping in the back seat of Grandpa's (parked) truck

    How did you get in that orientation buddy? And where did you get all those blankets?

    Whaaaaaa!


    JACK LIKES...
    • Still likes...sleeping in the swing, stroller walks, white noise, playing on the playmat, his blankie, chewing on things,  the carrier, helicopter, rhyming books, the TV, Old McDonald and other songs, standing, outside, watching us do things
    • Love Freddie the Firefly, his winkel, and other toys
    • Playing with his grandparents
    • Watching the dog
    • Men with beards...weird, huh?
    My foot tastes so good!

    Loving park playdates

    Wearing mommy's sunglasses


    Playing with Grandpa's beard

    I'll lick anything!

    Tummy time with Freddie

    Books are interesting

    Look, a dog!

    Playing in Jude's exersaucer

    Jack loves to stand!

    Mmmm golf ball...

    Just like he's back in the womb

    Helicopter with Grandpa!

    Fascinated with daddy's beer

    Hanging out on daddy's lap






    WE ARE...

    • So proud to show off our little Munchie!

    2 comments:

    1. Look at Joey reading to Jack and Evie! So sad I missed this!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Crystal! This is awesome! All of these pics are cute but I ADORE the one of Joey and Jack at the work party. Jack is totally like "what is up...this is my dad...and if you think he's cool, I'm way cooler." I'm also obsessed with the chipmunk pictures. So precious! It was so great to see you guys while you were in town and glad you had a great rest of the trip =)

      ReplyDelete