Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Rewind and Fast Forward

Well hellooo! Where in the world have we been???

I had great intentions of doing a couple of blog posts back in early May about Easter, Mother's Day, etc. etc. - but that didn't happen. Then we went to Alaska for a little over 2 weeks. While we were gone we found out our landlord was selling our condo and so we have been house hunting like crazy ever since we got back (and that's a whole dramatic story to itself that still doesn't have an ending!)  That means I have a lot of catching up to do!

However...

I've decided it is time to change the format of the blog a little bit. I can't keep trying to cover all the things we do because I'm way too long winded and "thorough" - my best and worst characteristic. So I'm going to try a more sustainable approach and just post random pictures I like and just a few tid bits about what we are up to. You probably don't need all the details anyways. And if you do, call me!

So here goes. Here are our May highlights.

EASTER
Our little Jackrabbit.



One of my new favorite family photos. 


Easter lunch / our first Passover Seder at our friend Ben's parents house in Laguna. 


We felt like family! Note the spectacular view off their deck. Wow!



FAMILY HIKING
Trying out Clevenger Canyon South East Trail with our friends Rea, Sebastian and baby Alex.  



Quite the spot for a picnic!


Not the safest idea...


Getting carried around is apparently exhausting!



FAMILY MEETUP AT STONE BREWERY
Because who doesn't love daytime beer drinking? We love our mom and dad friends!



Affectionate head butt?


BEACH DAY 
We decided to give the beach another chance to see if Jack was old enough to enjoy it and not just eat sand the entire time. It was pretty successful! 

All lotioned up and ready to go!


Jack is definitely a California boy - a little surfer in training! He's also such a people person. He crawled right up to this family and we ended up spending most of the day with them. 



He loves the sand and apparently hasn't completely learned not to eat it. Oh well, what can you do?




BABY BIRTHDAYS!
All my friends had babies between March and June last year. That means lots of birthday parties recently! Jasmine's party for Pres was especially fun. 

They didn't have cake but she coordinated a special visit from the hipster ice cream truck!



MOTHER'S DAY
I'm all about setting up traditions to make holidays easier. Last year we decided Mother's day we would do a casual brunch to keep it simple. I chose Pappalecco, my favorite place in Little Italy. 


Then checked out the new waterfront park by our old apartment. Jack still wouldn't let go of my hand when walking! Scaredy cat!


He was so cute trying to walk in real shoes!


He's such a little happy camper. :)



I tried to let him dip his feet in the fountains and he just dove in head first, clothes and all. He LOVED it. I didn't have the heart to ruin his fun!


Too bad I forgot to bring a spare change of clothes! (Bad mommy!) We had to take him home in a diaper and a hoodie. 


RANDOM JACK CUTENESS
Jack loves grocery shopping with me. Just gotta give him something to hold to stay busy. 


He can officially open cabinets and pull stuff out. Time to get out the child locks!


He still wasn't walking at 13 months but he loved his little push toy. 


He recently became obsessed with trying to use silverware. It is adorable. Is 4 pictures too many of this? I don't think so. :)




Pretending to stir in an empty bowl is especially entertaining to him. Future chef perhaps?


One day we went to Rubio's and the kids meal came with a churro. I was feeling lenient that day and let him eat it. Needless to say, he loved it!


Best toy ever. Jack can play with his motorcycle for hours!


He won't walk but he'll do motorcycle tricks. Crazy baby. No comment about his baby man boobs. 


My sweet rolly polly pillow loving baby. I just can't get enough. 




So how'd I do? Was that shorter? Still interesting? Well it's the best I've got right now.

Next up: Alaska!

2 comments:

  1. Love the update! So many great pictures :) He keeps getting cuter and cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, he is so cute! I love his big smile! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete