On October 16th, Kara was 6 months!
At her 6 month checkup she weighed 14lbs 4 oz (15% percentile) and was 2'2" long (52% percentile.) I switched pediatricians (again) and our new one really put my mind at ease about her weight. She said she is growing fine, staying consistently in the 15% over the last few months, and it's normal for babies to drop (or rise) to a different percentile as they get older based on their genetics. She said her earlier higher percentile standing probably had more to do with maternal and pregnancy factors. This was a much better response than my last Ped that said "I mean, I'm not like WOW...but if you want her to gain weight you could feed her more"...umm, yeah. Is that your professional opinion??!
Kara is quite the little mover now. She went straight from holding her head up to army crawling. We never even got the stage where they sit and play but don't move. Nope. She loves crawling around the floor and getting into all of Jack's toys - especially his little people farm. He is a little protective of his stuff but is actually pretty sweet with her. He doesn't like when she chews on his toys (and I don't blame him) but he'll often give her one of his things to play with or trade her with one of her toys.
At 6 months she was sitting up for several seconds but would still top over (she has mastered it now.) She loves bouncing in her jumperoo and/or your lap. She loves baths and sleeping in the stroller or carseat. She has completely grown out of her playmat, swing, and rock n play. We have to put her on the floor so she can explore.
A week before her 6 monthiversary, she started foods. She seems to like them but doesn't open her mouth very wide so it's a little hard to tell - and a lot messier. I don't remember Jack getting food all over his clothes but she certainly does. She also doesn't really like sitting in her high chair and would much rather eat in your lap.
My mom and brother were here to visit this month and my mom gave her a few firsts - first wagon ride, first swing, first slide..She would've given her her first ice cream but I said no to that!
She's been doing pretty well at daycare but is very tired and fussy in the morning before her first nap. I partially think it's just separation anxiety because she cries anytime I leave the room, even with Joey. It breaks my heart every morning to hear her cry while I leave. I hope this doesn't last too long.
Most nights sleeping with her are ok. We put her in the pack n play on her own around 7:30 (we couldn't trust her in the bed anymore!) and then pull her in with us around 10:30 at her first wake. Some nights she wakes up in the middle of the night and wants to play for about an hour before going back to sleep but overall it's not too bad (or my memory is failing me, which I'm ok with.)
Overall things are pretty good right now. She is sweet as can be and we are just so crazy about that little smile of hers. We are really loving this cute stage and looking forward to getting to know her little personality as it grows. We still can't believe we have a girl!



















No comments:
Post a Comment