Saturday, December 5, 2015

Kara: 7 months!

Our little peanut was 7 months in mid-November!



She is growing so fast! We didn't weigh or measure her this month but she seems to be holding steady or even gaining some weight. She loves food and will eat anything. Her face is filling out and people keep telling us how much she looks like Jack. 



It is so fun to see her little personality develop. She is definitely more adventurous than Jack was - she is already pulling up and not afraid to fall and tumble without so much as a whimper. Jack was so cautious. She is not. That means we have to watch her like a hawk, especially around the stairs! She also loves standing and is already trying to let go. 






She got her first teeth - the two bottom middle - but still no drooling. She chews on everything and I assume more are coming soon. 



She is a really great baby. So sweet and smiley most of the time - but she is definitely in a mommy phase. She does not like when I leave the room or say good bye at daycare. She also has a little trouble in the morning while I'm getting ready. 




Other than crying during dropoff, she's doing great at daycare. She plays all day and naps well for them. She seems to love playing with the other kids and they are all so sweet to her. She especially loves riding in the little car. 



Her schedule hasn't changed much. Up at 6:30am (give or take a half hour), short nap at 9:30, long nap around 1 and then bed around 7-7:30. When she wakes at 10:30, I take her to bed with me. Some nights she is restless throughout the night, others she is not. She often likes to spread out in between Joey and I and sleep by herself. Despite the occasional rough night, I still love sleeping with her and couldn't imagine it any other way - especially now that I'm at work during the days. 


Let's see, what else...She still loves her jumperoo, water bottles, baths, crawling around and playing with Jack's toys. 








She has started "talking" (more like screaming) so much. It's adorable. She's starting to pay more attention to books. 



And she LOVES her brother. He is so sweet to her and loves giving her kisses and making her laugh. She gets hysterical when he gets in her face. He likes to call her "little cutie girl." He takes care of her and protects her from his friends (telling them to watch out for HIS baby Kara.) He shares with her for the most part - as much as I could expect for his age. 




We are loving this age and loving having a sweet little girl. Kids are so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment