GINGERBREAD MEN
A few weeks ago, we got the holiday spirit a little early and decided to decorate gingerbread cookies. These were a pre-made package set I bought for LAST Christmas that we never got around to making but we figured now was as good as ever to use them. They tasted terrible so we didn't eat them (maybe because they were 10 months old) but we had fun decorating them. Here they are. You decide who is the better cookie decorator!
JOEY'S BIG PURCHASES
Joey finally went through with his dream plans of buying a big screen tv. He found an amazing deal at Frys (or at least that's what he told me) for a LG 42" LCD 1080p...whatever that means. All I know is that it is really big and all his guy friends and my dad want to come watch it. He also bought a PS3, supposedly for the Bluray player (yeah right!). He got the hockey game to go with it so he is playing that now as I type. So he's a happy husband right now. We'll see how happy of a wife I am in time... :)
STONE MOUNTAIN
We have been making more of an attempt to be active on the weekends, so we have been trying to go for hikes on Sundays. Here are some pictures from our last hike. We stopped at Subway after church, packed up our camera bags, and walked up Stone Mountain. It was a beautiful day and it was great to see so many people out with their families getting some exercise. We found a nice table-like rock at the top and had lunch and then attempted to take some creative photos. It was a nice little excursion. I hope we'll have many more in the future.
PUMPKIN CARVING
Last weekend we picked up a couple of pumpkins and had a pumpkin carving night with our friends Pradeep and Sarah. Here are the results. Mine is the short one with the sly cat face and Joey's is the big goofy looking one with vampire teeth.
We had a great time. Sarah made fall sugar cookies and some delicious apple cider. After the carving, we played some pictionary, girls vs boys, and the boys didn't even get off the Start square. It was sad. We mixed up the teams and played again and then followed up with a couple games of Clue. We are definitely a married couple....
Our pumpkins didn't make it very long though. It was raining this week so we pulled them inside - bad idea. They were so moldy and gross. They didn't even make it to Halloween! Here they are just 6 days later!
MY FIRST WHOLE CHICKEN!
Then last week I made my first recipe using a whole chicken. I didn't quite know what I was up against. I just bought the chicken at the store got everything ready for the recipe and then realized I had never even touched a raw chicken before. To make things more difficult, the recipe called for me to remove the skin BEFORE cooking. So that was fun. I fought with the thing for like 15 min, trying to pull off the skin. It was a mess. The entire kitchen was covered in chicken juice. All in all, it turned out pretty well. I also didn't know what to do with the floppy legs but they tasted ok so I guess they were fine...
So that seems like a good start. We spent this weekend with Beth and family for Halloween so I'll put a separate post up for that soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment