Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy New Year!

Ok, ok, I know I said that I was going to stop talking about puzzles on the blog because it is starting to look like that is all we do BUT I have to talk about this one. We got this one from Tim and Lauren for Christmas and we've already finished it. It was of an old European street. We thought it would be relatively easy since there wasn't a lot of things going on but it turned out to be really hard. Thanks for the gift guys!


FROM "A WEDDING YEAR" TO A COUPLE'S YEAR

Last New Year's Eve we went to a big dressy party at ABC Brewery where Joey's friend Erica shouted "Its going to be a wedding year!!!" at midnight. She was just so excited about Joey and I, and Eric and Elizabeth getting married in 2009. Well this year we hung out with them again but this time we were all married and low key. So that means no black dresses, fancy suits, little appetizers or crazy wild stories. This time it was just the 6 of us, pizza, some pajamas and board games. I can't decide if this is great or I'm too young to be giving up on New Years Eve but either way we had a good time. Here are some pictures from the night. As you can see, I was the only one who did not give in to the pajamas and hoodies...




SICK JOEY

For some reason this winter Joey has not been able to shake this little bug he caught. He never really feels SICK but he just doesnt feel good. So for New Years weekend we stayed in and tried to help him get back to full health. Isn't he sad looking? :(

We ended up staying in most of the weekend and watching football and movies. We had to do a little adjusting to the living room to make it more conducive to all day tv watching...We are very resourceful.
BODIES EXHIBITION

On Sunday, Joey was feeling a little better so we ventured out on the town. And by that I mean we went to Atlantic Station to see the Bodies Exhibition that is ending this month. We couldn't take pictures inside but I took this one while we were waiting in the freezing cold outside for tickets.

The exhibit was pretty cool. It used real bodies to show the different systems and how they interact. It was really cool to see all the organs and things up close, a little gross, but cool. At the time I felt like we were learning so much but Joey and I can't remember hardly anything we saw or heard. The only thing we can remember at this point is that all the blood vessels in your body stretched out would be over 100 million miles, or something like that. Still, it was definitely worth the visit!


HOLIDAY COOKIES

So every year I make my FAVORITE cookies, chocolate cherry thumbprints, for the holidays. I really love them but they are so bad for me that I can only justify it once a year. This years batch was delicious, I think I get better every year. Joey really liked them too. He ate like 5 or 6 right out of the oven and kind of made himself a little sick on them immediately so he didnt really want anymore the rest of the time. Thats ok though, I ate quite a few and passed the rest out. I forgot to take a picture when they were fresh and delicious but luckily I remembered before they were all gone. So here is a picture of the last of my lovely cookies - after a week of storage and little bit of smushing. Try to imagine it as a new little cookie. Mmmmm. I ate this one myself!



MY GREAT UNCLE EARL

My great uncle Earl Edmondson passed away over the weekend. He was my Grandpa's brother on my mom's side. I didn't really know him that well but him and my aunt Mildred always sent me nice cards and came to all of my big life events. He was at our wedding in the summer and that was the last time we saw him. He was 85 and had a great life with his wife of 60+ years and a loving family. We went to his funeral on Monday and it was nice to see the whole family there.





Well, I think that is it for this post. Currently we are just hanging out in the apartment. I'm baking some banana oat bread that will hopefully be delicious and Joey is watching the National Championship football game. Oh, and its FREEZING outside and snowing. See:


Dont worry though, like the rest of Atlanta, I stocked up on milk and bread at the store, so we'll make it through this arctic blizzard. This upcoming weekend we will be going to the Monster Truck rally so I'm sure we'll have some good pictures from that...

I hope everyone had a safe and fun new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment