That was quite the little blizzard for Atlanta last week! Here is a picture of the beautiful snow the morning after. The roads around our neighborhood were so icy. I was able to work from home in the morning but Joey insisted on going into the office. He made it ok but he did have a close call right outside the house. He slid right through the stop sign on the corner into Charles Allen. Luckily no cars were coming. He's such a dedicated worker! I was playing it safe, I didn't leave the house all day. Well, except to go to the gym at night, but that was different...
GOODBYE CHRISTMAS TREE!
Christmas is officially over so we had to take our tree to its final resting place. We didn't have a truck or anything so we had to ghetto tie the tree to the car (my car, of course). Here are some pictures from the adventure. We thought the tree was going to slide off the car at any time. It's a good thing we live so close to Home Depot!
THE MOUSE IS BACK!
As you may or may not know, Joey and I sometimes have a mouse that lives in the wall above our stove. We first discovered this mouse over a year ago when he started to chew through the wall. The landlord patched it up and we haven't seen him since. We assumed he either moved on or died in there (although there hadn't been a smell).
Recently, we saw that a new hole was forming above the stove. Take a look below:
Anyways, so Joey likes to harass this little mouse. He would say that he's just trying to get rid of it but I know better. Like any boy with a stick near an animal, he likes to play with it. The first time we saw the mouse, Joey stuck a knife in there and poked him! To be fair, he didn't poke HARD, but thats not the point. The other morning I saw Joey poking the mouse with a fork and I tried to get a picture for evidence. However, I was too slow and Joey would not let me. He knew it would be showcased on the blog. Well, even though I didn't get hard evidence, these are the pictures I took while trying to catch him in the act!
MONSTER JAM!
This weekend we went to the Monster Truck rally at the Georgia dome. Joey got a bunch of our friends together and we all went in a big group. Before the show we met at the CNN center for dinner and the infamous giant beers. We felt oversized beers were appropriate for the occasion.
There was great people watching once we got to the dome. Check out this guy with his monster truck hat!
The show was broken into two main parts - races and freestyle. There was a lot of noise, fire, and crashes. Here are some pictures of the craziness:
For the freestyle portion, the trucks had about 2 minutes to do whatever they wanted on the course. This involved a lot of crazy jumps and flips and crushed cars. See:
Here is a video Joey took of one of the competitors. I think this was Superman. He didnt win, but he sure did fly! (Ok that was lame, I know...)
Overall, an interesting and exciting night!
HONEY ROASTED NUTS
For some reason, lately I have been craving honey roasted nuts when I have my coffee in the morning. I don't really like buying them from the store because they can be kind of expensive and/or unhealthy. But today I was working from home and the craving hit around 9:30am as usual. I decided to try to make my own. I mixed up a bunch of dry roasted nuts I had sitting around the house - peanuts, almonds, pecans, cashews, and walnuts and put them in a dry pan on the stove. I added some honey and stirred for about 3 mins. Then, I laid the sticky nuts on wax paper to let them cool and add a little salt (ok, a lot of salt, what can I say, I like the salty-sweet taste!). And VOILA! the most delicious candy-like snack ever (well, Joey didn't like them but what does he know??)! Now I just have to try not to eat them all in one sitting...
15 BEAN SOUP - AN AMERICAN STAPLE
A couple years ago we had an intern at my company from Denmark named Anne. She was really great and we got to be pretty good friends. So last year when I was traveling to Denmark for work, I called her up and set up a time to meet. She requested that I bring her some of her favorite American goodies. One of her top requests was "15 bean soup from Publix." I thought this was absolutely hilarious considering the fact that I had never even eaten this soup or heard of it and here was this Danish girl who considered it an American staple.(Granted there were a lot of weird things on the list like "Tailgate mustard," "Colorful whiteboard markers" and "cheddar popcorn") But it just goes to show you what things stand out when you go to another country that you perceive to be native - kind of like how I fell in love with this "Danish" apple tea that I had a farmer's house that turned out to be Lipton...Anyways, so ever since that day I've felt like I needed to make this wonderful American soup. So today was that day. Here are the beans soaking:
I added green pepper, sausage, onion, and tomatoes. I thought it turned out pretty well but it kind of just tasted like regular soup to me. Joey and Neiner loved it though and they are a tough crowd, so I guess have to call it a win.
Ok, thats it for now. Surprised there isn't a puzzle on this week's blog??? Maybe next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment