I'm actually already in San Diego now but since I didn't have access to my computer during the move, I'm a week behind. I'll go ahead and post our moving week now and do my first week in San Diego this weekend. Enjoy!
YARD SALE!!!
As we were packing we realized we have a lot of crap. So when my friend Karen asked me if we wanted to join her group yard sale, we were all for it! We already had the stuff in boxes ready to go to Salvation Army so we just put them in the car and took them up to the highlands instead.
The yard sale was a pretty good size. There was at least 7 people with stuff so we had a good turn out. Here are some pics from the morning.
Here is Joey manning our station. We didn't have time to price anything. Everything was name your own price! I apologize in advance if you see anything you gave us. We just had too much stuff!!!We did pretty well! We sold almost everything we brought. The only things left over fit in this box. Oh and no one wanted our busted beer pong table. I guess yard salers are just not the right audience for that type of thing...
It was really a lot of fun talking to all the people and seeing how much they would offer us for things that we really considered worthless for the most part. Joey absolutely could not believe that people were paying for our stuff. But after an hour I think he was hooked! I see many yard sales in our future. Here is Joey showing off our profits. We made over $150! Not bad for a Saturday morning!
FRIENDS GOING AWAY PARTY AT MELLOW MUSHROOM
Since this whole move thing happened kinda quick we haven't really had much time to see everyone before we left. So we decided to have a group get together at Mellow Mushroom. (There also isn't a Mellow Mushroom in San Diego which is our favorite pizza so we had to get our fill in...I think I ate a whole pizza myself) We invited all our friends and had a pretty good turn out! It seems people actually DID like us! Here are a couple pics.
Ryan, Lainey, Kate, Eugene, Amy, Whitney, Nick, Kanno, and Sophia were also there and somehow didn't make it into these pictures. Oh, and my dad and Dawn even stopped by!
It was a really fun night. Thank you everyone who came out!
BYE BYE NELLY!
I call my car Nelly (named after the rapper - don't ask, I had a weird obsession in high school.) And since we decided that 36 hours was way too far to drive, we had to ship her. Here is our driver Nic from Romania picking her up.
My car was right next to an $85,000 corvette, which made me happy she was going to have good company for the trip. It was actually really cool to see how they load those pick car transporters. There are a million little controls and levers and stuff. I stood there and watched as she drove away. See you in San Diego Nel!
PACKING IS HARDER THAN IT LOOKS!
Man, packing is hard. You wonder where all the stuff comes from. You think you are finished and it just keeps popping out of nowhere. Like a magic trick, a really not fun magic trick. Luckily for me, Joey did most of the work. Here he is working hard!
We took a little pack break to eat our wedding cake. We figured it wasn't worth it to ship it across the country so we had a nice little 8 months and 27 day anniversary celebration. Mmmm old cake!
LAST VISITS
With my last two days in Atlanta I wanted to spend some time with family. So on Thursday, I met my mom and brother in Hiram for a pancake breakfast at IHOP. We pretended I wasn't leaving so my mom wouldn't get emotional. It was nice to spend some time with them.
After breakfast, I continued northwest to Rome to visit Beth and my favorite little people. I have WAY too many pictures to share from the visit so I choose my favorites of each one. I will post the slideshow below for anyone that wants to see more adorable-ness.
Ah...doesn't Leah look like a little angel? Well, looks are deceiving! :)
The big birthday girl, Brianna! We made hand elephants and decided to be pen pals. Brianna - your first letter will be in the mail very soon!!!
Sam LOVING the supersoaker I brought over (big surprise!) Thank Pradeep for that one! (Sorry Pradeep, we just couldn't justify packing it...but you see it's going to good use!)
Alex sleeping. How cute.
Ok, now this IS a surprise! Sam isn't the only one who liked the super soaker!
Katelyn posing in her new dress and sparkle-y Hello Kitty fingernail polish.
What a blast! It was a fun filled, exhausting, and STICKY two days! I can't wait until my next visit!
THE SQUIRREL CAUGHT IN THE ACT!
No story here - just hard evidence that the squirrel IS eating our bird food! How crafty they are!
AND I'M OFF...
Joey dropped me off at the airport Saturday morning. Here is our last picture together. :( Only a month or two until he joins me. Sooner if he gets a job. So anyone out there with connections, please help!!! Talented project manager needs work in San Diego! Quick!
Alright, well that's it for now. I will update my first week in San Diego in a day or two. As a teaser, I will talk about the beach, the earth day festival, beeswax, a breakin, springer spaniels, international travel, apartments, the rodeo, and much more!

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Just looking at that last picture made me cry. I can't imagine being apart so long. Praying he finds a job soon! We loved your visit. Thanks so much for coming. I am enjoying wearing all your clothes and sent 2 very large boxes to Jenny's. Thanks for putting all the pics of our family. Like a little snapshot into our insanity. Hope you are enjoying dog sitting and hoping Joey will join you soon. Love you both, Beth
ReplyDelete