Tuesday, May 18, 2010

ATL Weekend!


BUT FIRST...MY LITTLE OFFICE
Last Friday my office went out to lunch to say goodbye to Megan, our graphic designer that is moving to LA. She is the one second to the left in the picture. We went to this fancy modern italian place called Bencotto near the office that my boss is obsessed with. It is the ONLY place he'll ever go. Friday was my fourth time there since I started and he actually made me go again today. Its starting to be a big joke. A pretty cruel joke because I hate everything I order from there. I think it is totally overrated... Anyways, here is a picture of my small little office. From right to left is me, our design intern Mun (who you met at the rodeo who brings in delicious ddeok (korean rice cakes) every day), our crazy admin Char (a native Californian that refuses to live anywhere else), our contract designer/surfer Matt (originally from Chicago who is a total food snob), Megan (who is gone now), and my boss Raffaele (the crazy german-italian).
I also work with a research contractor named Doug who lives in Portland who is awesome and we just hired a new designer named Sean from Texas, (originally from North Carolina - the southern accent is following me!) who starts in less than 2 weeks. And it looks like we will be getting a hotshot design intern from Germany for the summer. So there you go! Now you know everyone!



MARC & NICOLE'S WEDDING (aka SigEp Fraternity Formal Reunion)

So on to the main event. I went home for the weekend! It was so great to see Joey and friends. Marc and Nicole's wedding was so nice and fun. There were SO many college people there. It was just like I was back at the SigEp formals, except this time I knew everybody and there was no awkward social pressure. Here are a few pics from the night.

Joey and I with the happy engaged couple Pradeep and Sarah. You guys are next!!!

Here is the groom Marc dancing it up. He was waving his Pittsburgh Steelers towel all night. Now that's a die hard fan! Somehow I didn't get a picture of the happy couple together. I don't know how that happened.

Here is Eugene making a weird pose. Notice his unique mustache. He says it is left over from Cinco de Mayo but I'm pretty sure he could've found time to shave over the last 10 days. I think he just likes being different :)

Here I am making a crazy face in a super close shot. Normally I wouldn't post something like this of myself but I figure if I'm going to do it to Joey, I have to post some weird ones of myself as well to be fair (and so he doesn't go DELETING my pictures off the camera so I can't post them!)
And here we are with Ryan and Lainey.

And me with Sophia. I think this picture actually turned out pretty nice. Especially considering this was at the very end of the night and we had been dancing and sweating for hours...

Joey and Ryan about to take a jager bomb. Some things never change.

Oh, you crazy guys!
What a fun night! Thanks for having us Marc and Nicole! Congratulations and we wish you the best! :)


I'M AN ATLANTA TOURIST!

On Sunday, Joey and I decided to go down to Centennial Park and check out the new World of Coke since we never went while we were living there. My dad and Dawn decided to join us. The museum was pretty similar to my memory of the old one. Lots of history about how coke got started, a little about the bottling process, and a LOT of marketing. I was actually kind of embarrassed that I spent $15 to be marketed to for 3 hours. I felt a dirty and a little brainwashed. I don't even like coke...Anyways, here are a few pictures from our visit.

Here we are in line for the 4D theater. This was my first 4D theater experience and I didn't really know what it really was. I guess the 4th dimension was the rocking seats, wind, water, and chair poke. I really could've lived without the chair poke...

Here I am in the main attraction - the tasting room. Here you can try 40+ flavors/brands from all over the world. Too bad I don't like any sweet carbonated beverages. I only tried like 3 of them and thought I was going to be sick. I think Joey enjoyed it more.

Despite it all, it was a fun afternoon. It was nice to spend time with my dad and Dawn and do something different.


I LOVE MY PIEDMONT PARK
To finish out the day we went over to our favorite place in Atlanta - Piedmont Park. We had dinner at Park Tavern and enjoyed the beautiful scenery.


THREE WEEKS AND COUNTING!!!
Not to get too sappy but this weekend really made me miss Joey even more. We were both adapting to being apart that when we finally saw each other we realized how much we like being together. It made for a really fun 2 days but a sad departure (although I COULDN'T WAIT to get out of that unbearable heat and humidity! I'm so spoiled here-there is no sweating in San Diego!). I'm so glad that he will be here in a couple weeks. Still no job yet though. But we've decided that he would make a pretty good pro surfer if worse comes to worse.

Ok, that's it. See you people next time!

1 comment:

  1. Great pics! It was so great to have you back for a weekend! I am amazed at how good we look in those pictures considering the rain, sweat from dancing, and drinking that had been going on. Can't wait to come visit SD though!

    ReplyDelete