Hi everyone! Sorry for the delay on this post. I'm leaving for my one month trip today so the last two weeks have been a little crazy in preparation. I am two posts behind so expect one more in the next day or two and then I'll start posting my world adventures.
Ok, where did I leave off....oh yes....
NEW CAMERA
Just in time for our Atlanta trip, I got a new camera! Isn't it pretty? It is very fancy. It has all sorts of crazy features - my personal favorites are face detection and smile detection...in case you have trouble with that sort of thing...
Armed with my new camera, we were off to the ATL!
The main event for our Atlanta trip was to go to Pradeep and Sarah's wedding. Joey was the best man and we were very excited and have been looking forward to it all year. So Friday night we went to the rehearsal dinner at Carpe Diem in Decatur. It was a very nice restaurant and the food was super delicious. We were lucky enough to get picture with the happy couple!
SATURDAY MORNING - KICK FILMING!
After dinner we all went out with all of Pradeep's friends to an old favorite, Charlie Gs. And it was quite a turn out -just like the old frat days. Everyone came out to celebrate Pradeep's last night of freedom. Cheers!
Joey and the guys stayed out late but I went back to the hotel early because I had early morning plans. I can't come to Atlanta without stopping at BTS - my favorite place ever! This Saturday they were filming the new release of Kick, so I joined in the fun. I snuck (is snuck a word? sneaked?...anyways...) a picture during the filming. They only film the people on the stage but they have a live audience taking the class to build energy and make it real. It was SOOOOO much fun. I am so obsessed with these classes. I am so sad they don't have them in San Diego. Maybe one day...
SATURDAY NIGHT - WEDDING
After Kick filming, I met up with Joey to have lunch with our friends Eric and Erica (sorry I forgot to take a picture!) It was really nice to sneak in a visit in with them. Then it was time to get ready for the big night! Here is Joey in his cute best man outfit. The suit was complete with suspenders!
The wedding was at Atlanta Botanical Gardens and was just absolutely beautiful. Here is Sarah walking down the aisle. She looked perfect!
They said I do!
The reception after the ceremony was so much fun. Sarah did an amazing job planning every little detail. She was so creative with it too. My FAVORITE thing she did was this guest tree. She painted this tree and had people write their names on little fabric leaves and then tack it onto the painting. By the end of the night it was full of leaves! SUCH a great idea. I was so impressed, and I don't impress easy!
I caught a glimpse of her pre-reception photo shoot. How beautiful! This is the kind of thing you see in magazines!
They had a live band with lots of dancing. We danced the night away and I was a sweaty mess by the end of it....as you can see!
Oh, how fun. I miss everyone! We had a blast!
SUNDAY - DOWNTOWN WITH JENNY AND BETH
On Sunday, we found time to see Joey's sisters and their families. We met up at the CNN center at Centennial park and had lunch with all the kiddos, all 7 of them! :)
After lunch, we walked into the park and played in the fountain. The kids were hesitant to get wet at first. Just look at Grace's face - she was not convinced!
So I had to set an example and run right in! I only wish I brought a swim suit (or a least a non-white shirt....)
Once they got used to the water, they really got into it. Here is Martin in his Cars bathing suit :)
And Sam and Brianna testing the water. How does it feel guys?
Even Alex got in on the action!
We were all soaked! Well, the kids and me. The other grown ups were smart enough to stay dry!
My new camera died right about this point. Since it is new, I didn't have a good gauge on it's battery life. But we went to the playground after this and had a really fun afternoon.
As always, it was SO nice to see everyone and we were sad to leave. Especially since when we were leaving Sam asked us when we were coming back and I told him in a few months and he said "How many is a few?" and then he asked if we could just come to the beach with them. :( Too sweet. I don't know what Beth does to get her kids to be so sweet but I need to find out!
-----------------------------------
So that's that. I don't think our next Atlanta trip will be until next year. But the good news is my family is going to come visit us out here in San Diego before then. My dad is coming for Thanksgiving and my Mom for Christmas, so we are looking forward to that. And as always, there is an open invitation for you to come visit us anytime (yes, YOU!). So put on a flight watch, pick a date and we'll see you on in sunny San Diego!
Sounds like you guys had a great trip home! Sorry to miss you all for lunch on Saturday :) Eric's keeping an eye out for a weekend to go visit! Hopefully we can make it out there soon!
ReplyDeleteLove this! I need to do my ATL weekend post too! So is that new - your mom coming for Christmas? I was really looking forward to having the Heithaus/Felice Family Christmas/New Years Extravaganza! Maybe next year =)
ReplyDelete