Sunday, October 24, 2010

Return to Puzzle-ing!


JOEY GETS SICK...AGAIN!

For a couple weeks Joey has been fighting off a mild cold he caught at work. Last weekend was the height of it so we cancelled our pumpkin picking plans :( and stayed in all weekend to help him rest up. Our friend Moon wanted to help so she came by on Saturday night and cooked for us. She swore her Korean cuisine was 200% guaranteed to make Joey feel better. She made something she called a Koren pancake and udon noodles. She's such a great friend!



After a day of being couped up in the apartment, we started to get super bored (well I did, Joey had never ending sports..) and decided to break out our favorite pastime - a puzzle! We had one new puzzle left from Joey's dad from Christmas last year. It was a 2000 piece scene of the Las Vegas strip. It was so huge though that it didn't fit on our table. Luckily we still haven't finished unpacking and have some extra boxes sitting around!



Joey was feeling a little better after the weekend but needless to say I caught it from him. Somehow I managed to travel all the way around the world without getting sick and I catch a cold in my own apartment! But mine didn't last long. On the first day I was feeling sick, Moon gave me some super spicy noodles (no seriously - the SPICIEST noodles I've EVER eaten - and that's saying a lot for me!) for lunch at work and then spicy pork for dinner to take home and my symptoms disappeared! So if you ever get sick just kill all your germs with spicy Korean food. It worked for me!

Oh, and we kept puzzle-ing all week. It started to kind of interfere with our normal activities though. We'll have to finish it up soon and get back to normal!





JOEY JOB UPDATE

I'm sure many of you already know this but Joey has already made somewhat of a job change. He was really bored in his project manager position and saw an opportunity to take on some additional responsibility at his company. There was an opening for a Project Control Analyst in his dept and he asked the VP if he could do both jobs because he was so bored...ambitious! Well, the VP took him up on the offer but officially changed his position to the new title but it still includes his previous workload. Joey really likes the work now even though he's having to work a little later. We'll see if he can handle 2 full jobs! But either way, this is a good move for him and he sees a clearer path for advancement. So that's good. Way to go Joey! Way to be aggressive! :)

(What? Every blog segment needs a picture!)



UP NEXT: Joey goes to Chattanooga and I stay home and finish the puzzle. Woooooooooo!

Have a good week everybody!

1 comment:

  1. I love puzzles! That just made me miss the lake house...there were great puzzles there. I really want to try some of that food!!!

    ReplyDelete