Monday, November 29, 2010

Picture Revealed!

Thank you to everyone who guessed in my little guessing game! It is time to reveal the secret picture. Drumroll.............


It's the toy kangaroo that sits in our basil plant! Unfortunately no one guessed correctly (I can't imagine why...) but I'll give some consideration for consolation prizes.

So, your next logical question may be - why do we have a kangaroo in our plant? This was the first gift I ever gave Joey. When we first started dating Joey would come over to my apartment and always harass me about my inability to keep my plants alive. I tried to water them and take care of them but for some reason I am just not good at it. So for Joey's Valentine's day gift that first year, I decided to give him a plant and see if he could take care of it. I went to Pike's family nursery and asked the staff to show me a plant that was REALLY hard to take care of (what? I wanted to stack the odds in my favor, just in case) and bought it for him. But then I felt like giving your new boyfriend a boring plant was a little weird so I decided to spice it up with something...but what? After an hour of brainstorming in Target, I finally settled on this little kangaroo (with a JOEY in the pocket - have I mentioned how corny I can be? I'm a sucker for puns!) Anyways, Joey thought it was a weird gift but actually managed to keep that plant alive (not lush, but alive) until this year when we moved to SD. So he really can take care of plants better than me! We had to get rid of the plant to move but I wanted to keep the little kangaroo in our new plant for the memory.

I hope that wasn't too cheesy for you guys. But it makes me smile every time I look at the kangaroo and I thought I would share...
Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! That's awesome! If you continue gifts like this with your children they are going to be very smart and have a great sense of humor. Only 20 days till Denver!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be nice if I hadn't spent time thinking that it was something actually guessable!! Cute story! Just put something we have a shot at guessing next time! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete