Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Resolutions, Recovery, and Exploring


BUT FIRST.....THE PICTURE REVEALED!!!

I'm happy to say this time, someone ACTUALLY guessed correctly! And the winner is....

...

...

...

...

...

...

Sarah! It was Joey's wet suit hanging in our bathroom.


 Good guesses everyone else! That was fun. Congratulations Sarah! 



2011 GOALS

This year Joey and I got super nerdy with the new year's resolutions. First we decided to give each other an annual review of our performance in our first complete year as husband and wife (not shown..it's PRIVATE but I will say I scored higher-just a little! :)). 

Then we decided (ok mostly me - I'm a researcher and notorious for my love of spreadsheets) to start tracking our happiness each day on a scale of 1 to 10 to try to see patterns in our moods and learn from past mistakes. So far we've been super happy except for a not good fight in the first week...


Then we listed our top 3-5 goals for the year... 



Wow Joey's handwriting is almost as hard to read as my left handed writing! So my goals this year are to learn conversational German (its practically the dominant language in my office), take some cooking classes (I was frightened then inspired by Worst Cooks in America, the best show ever!), find an organization to become a steady volunteer, start being more proactive about skincare (wrinkles are right around the corner!) and clean more. That last one came from our annual review. I scored a pathetic 2 out of 5 in the cleaning category...it was my lowest score!

Joey doesn't like making resolutions but set some loose goals of volunteering with me, reading more, and continuing to hone his photography and photoshop skills.

 So how are we doing? It's a slow start. . Since I'm injured, my "cooking" is limited to frozen/box meals and pita pizzas (3 times a week)...

which are delicious but not gourmet. And here is a picture I took  (sneakily!) of Joey with his with his new favorite past time ...computer games!


Bad Joey! Ok, I'm just teasing. He is actually reading right now; CS Lewis Mere Christianity to be exact. We'll get there. 



PURPLE CAST #2

I'm tired of letting my stupid broken arm take over my life so I'm just going to give a short update. Friday I went in to see the nurse and the bandages came off and a short purple cast went on. Here is a picture Joey snapped of my incision while they were making the switch. I couldn't look at it myself without getting lightheaded at the time.



So the short cast is much better and I can actually move my elbow, which is great, but now I'm tempted to use it so it ends up hurting more. I will see the doctor for my first real post op update on Feb 8th. So hopefully it will be good news.  



LOCAL TOURISTS

This weekend we were tired of being couped up and decided to do a little sightseeing around town. First we went to Mount Soledad for the view...



Then over to La Jolla (HOYA) shores to see the seals on the beach....


Here's a cute little one flopping around!


Then over to Sunset Cliffs to see the surfers.....



And the sunset of course...



Oh man, I love California!

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up with the Happiness tracker...I love the pic of you two with the sun set so pretty!

    ReplyDelete