Hello everybody!
We are back from our fabulous east coast holiday trip and are ready to share all the fun! The trip was about 10 days so I'm going to break it up into two posts - Part 1, A Collett Family Christmas and Part 2, Friends and Holidays with the Heithauses. THEN, I will do a third post for a pregnancy update since we have entered into the third and final trimester! Lots to do, lots to do; here we go!
FRIDAY NIGHT GIFT EXCHANGE AND FONDUE
Friday night before we left for Atlanta we did our own little Christmas celebration at home. Joey made a fire in our fireplace, I made fondue, and we exchanged gifts. Here I am in front of the tree, excited for the gift exchange!
Here is Joey with his gift from me - a game day outfit for the baby! I think he liked it! :)
And here is Joey about to dig in to the cheese fondue - a Christmas tradition we started 4 years ago.
SATURDAY - CELEBRATING MY DAD'S BIRTHDAY
The next morning we got up pre-dawn and caught our flight to the east coast. We sprung for a direct flight and the trip was uneventful. My dad picked us up in the afternoon and we went back to his place to hang out and celebrate his birthday. He didn't want to go out or do anything crazy so we just made him a steak and potatoes dinner.
Then we gave him his birthday gift - silverware! He said it was like receiving a toaster...but hey - he needed it! And this is the guy that wrapped up an old tire off my car one year in high school because he wanted to remind me that he bought it for me earlier, so I don't feel bad!
Happy 55th Dad!
SUNDAY - VISITING THE EDMONDSONS
Sunday morning Joey and I took my dad's little commuter car and headed to the airport to pick up my mom who was flying in from Ohio and my brother Jason who was flying in from LA. This was the first time my entire family had been together since our wedding and who knows how long before then! I was a little worried how it would go, but it was great!
We went straight from the airport to my cousin Earlene's house on the southside to see my mom's side of the family.
After catching up with everyone for a bit, they surprised us with a little baby shower! Cake and all!
We got a lot of adorable little outfits and other useful gifts. It was so thoughtful!
Here is a picture of my family in front of the tree. Really, these pictures are so rare!
Me and Joey with Bill, Julie, Brooke, Parker, and Pyper.
And us with my cousin Earlene, the host, Kelly, and Chris.
It was so nice to see them - although we didn't get pictures of everyone. Grr. Later that night, back at my dad's house, the boys had a competitive bout of ping pong. Joey was the champ with my Dad a close second.
MONDAY - CHRISTMAS EVE WITH THE COLLETTS
The next day was Christmas Eve and we just lazed about for the most part. Joey and I did a little Paulding County sightseeing in the morning (if there is such a thing) and then we met up with my mom and brothers at LongHorn for dinner.
After dinner we went back to my dad's house. My mom really wanted us to paint ornaments as a family and, surprisingly, everyone cooperated and even had fun!
Me and Ken showing off our artistic talent.
And here are all the ornaments. These things were harder to paint than they look!
Next we opened a few gifts. Joey and I got everyone lotto tickets and my brothers were the only two winners. I made them get a picture together - another rare occurrence.
Jas got my mom a snuggie because he loves his own so much. She was laughing hysterically and didn't really know what it was but I think she liked it once she figured it out.
And my dad got us some little baby outfits - with clever sayings of course. My favorite was "text me."
TUESDAY - CHRISTMAS DAY AND VISITING FAMILY FRIENDS
Tuesday was Christmas day and Joey and I started the morning by cooking a delicious breakfast. My dad was festive in his usual Christmas sweatshirt while he enjoyed his ketchup and eggs. Yuck.
And it wouldn't be Christmas at my dad's house if we didn't do a Christmas morning jello shot...Man, was I glad that I was exempt this time around!
We exchanged a few more gifts and enjoyed a relaxing morning.
Here is a gift from my dad - a shirt with a glittery peace sign - he knows me so well...
Around noon we got ready and headed up north to Jasper to spend the afternoon with some family friends. It was a gloomy day out!
We saw my mom's life long best friend Mary Ann and her sister Alice and their families while gorging ourselves on a million snacks and appetizers.
After Allice's we went back to my dad's for more lounging and ping pong. Not a lot to be said, but a nice way to spend Christmas day.
WEDNESDAY - HANGING IN HIRAM
The next day was a lazy day and we didn't have any plans. In the morning, my brother Ken came over to pick up my brother Jason to go to the gym. This was his outfit. I loved his shirt. Haha.
In the meantime, Joey and I decided to get a little exercise ourselves so we took Molly for a walk. Joey brought a donut...which was a little counterproductive if you ask me.
Later in the afternoon, I went shopping with my mom and Ken and then we met up with everyone for dinner at Mellow Mushroom, our favorite Atlanta pizza place. Neiner even drove all the way out to West Georgia to meet us out! We ended up playing trivia and winning first place - thanks to Neiner's incredible encyclopedic knowledge of random things.
After dinner we went bowling - a favorite activity for both my mom and dad.
Bowling wore me out so I hit the sack afterwards but the guys stayed up for another ping pong tournament. I'm pretty sure Joey was the champ again.
THURSDAY - HEADING DOWNTOWN
Thursday morning we grabbed a quick breakfast with my dad and Neiner before saying our goodbyes to my family and heading downtown to Atlanta to visit friends. Waffle House was delicious and unhealthy as usual, but we always have to make a stop while we are in town!
We said goodbye to my mom and brothers and were on our way!
So that wraps up part one of our holiday! Next up we spend a couple days with friends and head up to the lake to see the Heithauses. It was a busy trip! To see more pictures of this half, with captions, click the album below.
Merry Christmas everyone!
Jello shots and a "Christmas" sweatshirt. I love your dad :)
ReplyDeleteI have a few of those same santas on my tree....yours looks WAY better than mine. I believe they're from 2nd 3rd and 4th grade. Tricky little devils.