Now that May Gray and June Gloom are behind us, July has been packed with fun-in-the-sun summer activities! Let's take a little look at what we've been up to...
FOURTH OF JULY
We didn't have any plans for the fourth this year so we just decided to go to the park. We dressed Jack up in his 'First Fourth' outfit that we got from ladies at Joey's work (we even had matching plaid shoes!), grabbed some sandwiches and headed to Balboa Park.
 |
| Waiting for our sandwiches |
We laid out a blanket and had a little photo shoot with Joey's real camera (as opposed to my iPhone) to try to take some actual good pictures. Some of my favorites...
 |
| Jack loves daddy |
 |
| Quite the expression! |
 |
| Always trying to walk! |
 |
| Happy baby! |
 |
| Loves sucking on those hands! |
 |
| Jack does NOT like this hat. Haha! |
BEACH DAYS!
I'm not a huge fan of the beach myself - I burn easily and don't like the scary ocean (not to mention I'm not exactly bathing suit ready these days) - but Joey loves surfing on the weekends so sometimes I muster up the motivation to go with him rather than staying home with little Munchie by myself. Here are some pics from one such day this month.
 |
| Hey buddy! Ready to go to the beach? |
 |
| Jack LOVES riding in the moby wrap! |
We met our friends Jasmine and Broc and their little one Prescott, who is 6 weeks younger than Jack.
 |
Daddy loving at the beach
|
We did a little baby swap and it was so crazy how different it felt to hold each other's baby. Prescott is a lot softer and snugglier than Jack. Jack is always squirming and kicking his legs.
 |
| Baby swap! |
It was a pretty lazy day. The guys went surfing and the boys napped a lot.
 |
| Little Pres napping |
 |
| Lap nap |
 |
| Hanging out with surfer daddy |
We were there for over 4 hours and Jack was just beat. He fell asleep on the ride home. I love the little hoodie, so cute!
 |
| Sleeping on the ride home |
Then one weekday, the mom group did a little beach day. We had bad luck with weather, it was pretty cold and windy - which totally stressed me out. I was worried the entire time that my umbrella would fly away - and it did once - since I apparently don't know how to put in an umbrella correctly. Still, it was fun to get out of the house.
 |
| Denise with a sleeping William - 4 weeks |
 |
| Barbara (and little Daniel in the background - 3 months) trying to keep warm - Brr it was chilly! |
 |
| Stacey and big boy Iver - 4.5 months |
Jack didn't seem to mind the weather though. He was happy as a clam just laying on the blanket playing by himself. Sometimes he just prefers to be left alone. I was excited to try out his new spf swim suit, which was too big but super cute!
 |
| Just playing by himself |
LOVING THE PARK!
We have also spent A TON of time at the park! I'm much more of a park person and it is super easy since we have two great parks nearby - Trolley Barn Park in our neighborhood and the giant Balboa Park.
I often walk up to Trolley Barn park during the week to keep Jack entertained, especially during fussy times.
 |
| Walking to the park in the Moby |
He just loves looking around and it is an instant soother. I loved this little hat. We got tons of hand-me-downs from Joey's cousin Laura so we have all these fun hats to try out.
 |
| Just hanging out |
 |
| Chillin' on the blanket |
I also do a ton of playdates at the park. Once a week I meet my friend Tricia and her little one Logan (who is 4 days younger than Jack) at Trolley Barn park.
 |
| Tricia and Logan |
 |
| Logan and Jack - practically the same age! |
Once a month there is a babywearing meetup at a park in North Park. This month I joined the lending library and checked out a
Babyhawk Mei Tai. Exciting!
 |
| Hanging out with Denise and William at the BW Meetup |
 |
| Jack sleeping in the Mei Tai |
And sometimes we just go for walks and hang out in Balboa park.
 |
| Tummy time circle |
 |
| Baby buds! Pres 10 wks, Jack 16 wks, William 6 wks |
Sometimes we even make it a whole family affair! A few weekends ago we had a little bbq in Balboa park. We found a nice shady tree and grilled up some burgers on our awesome little portable grill.
 |
| Enjoying Sunday at the park |
 |
| Proud daddy |
I met a lot of these girls back in my second trimester of pregnancy so it's been so fun to go through the experience with them and now we all have babies! However, it's been hard to get good pictures of all of us with our babies between napping, fussy, etc. Only Jack made it in this picture.
 |
| Mary, Denise, and I |
Our friends Jenn and Kurt and their brand new baby Kate even made it out. Kate was just 2 weeks old!
 |
| Kate, just 2 weeks old! |
 |
| Me and Jenn |
And lastly, every Friday this month Trolley Barn park has live music from 6-8pm. We try to go every week since it's the perfect thing to keep Jack entertained before his 8:30pm "bedtime" (haha - as if!) Here I am on one such evening.
 |
| Friday night music |
Sometimes we just walk around and other times we bring our blanket and have a little picnic.
 |
| Burritos in the park |
Jack doesn't really dance to the music or anything yet but just being outside usually makes him pretty happy...usually.
 |
| Hey cutie! |
That wraps up this post. Lots of time outside enjoying the beautiful San Diego weather! Up next - Joey's birthday and our anniversary!
No comments:
Post a Comment