I'm really late on this one! I'm going to do my best to try to go back to the beginning of the month and write it as if it was on time but things change so fast, it will be hard! I think this one will just be short on details and heavy on pictures (but that's the best part anyways, right?)
ESTIMATED SIZE
- Weighing in at 14lbs 15oz - Weight gain is slowing but the doc says it's because he's learning to move, dropped to the 10th percentile
- Length - 26.5" - In about the 50th percentile
- Still in 6 month outfits and size 3 diapers - Ready to move on to 9 month outfits
DAY TO DAY
- Consistent then random! - Not much change for most of the month when I was home with him -waking up 7ish, 3 naps a day, bedtime around 8-9 - and then everything went out the window when I went back to work. He wakes up with me around 6:30, naps 2 times at various points throughout the day (good bye 90 min cycle!) and goes to bed earlier
- Getting to be a big boy! He sits and plays with toys and is so much more interactive in general. I love it!
 |
| Looking like a big boy in cargo shorts |
 |
| Lazy weekend with daddy |
 |
| Napping at the park |
 |
| Playing on the floor with his blocks |
 |
| Going for a walk to the park with Grandma Nanny |
 |
| Getting so big! |
MILESTONES / BEHAVIORS
- Rolling and scooting - He is getting SO good at moving around. He does a little army crawl and pulls himself where he wants to go. Gotta watch him!
- Sleeping on tummy and putting himself to sleep (kind of) - Now that he can roll over easily, he has decided he likes sleeping on his tummy. I'll lay down to nurse him to sleep and when he's tired enough, he just unlatches and rolls over and goes right to sleep. The first time it happened, I was in total disbelief! And now it happens most nights.
- Sitting up - I still put a pillow behind him just in case but he is sitting up for long periods of time now. He just sits there and plays with his blocks or discovery house
- Preteething - We keep thinking he is teething but no teeth yet...soon though!
 |
| Always rolling over! |
 |
| How'd you get under the chair Jack??? |
 |
| He just rolls away and goes to sleep like this. It's amazing! |
 |
| Napping on his tummy |
 |
| Trying out frozen washclothes for teething - didn't seem to do much |
FIRSTS THIS MONTH
The biggest one...FOOD! We started with peaches at 5 1/2 months because he was going crazy one day while I was holding him and eating a peach. I let him suck on it a bit and he seemed to love it so I decided to cut it up and steam it for him so he could really eat. There's been no looking back since. He's had oatmeal, apples, avocado, pear and more! This kid is an eater!
Here's a few photos of his first food experience. Sorry to post so many but I love all the faces!
Some other firsts...
- First hike
- First all day nanny
- First big boy swing
- First big boy stroller ride
 |
| No carseat! |
 |
| Hanging with mommy and daddy at the dinner table |
 |
| First hike - Torrey Pines |
 |
| Hiking! |
 |
| Give me a bite! (We didn't FYI) |
 |
| Swinging at the park |
CHALLENGES
- Roly poly continued - There was a bout a week and a half mid month that was torture! I couldn't sleep with him and he wouldn't sleep in his cosleeper. He was just rolling around all night practicing his new skill. Luckily he mastered it and he's back to sleeping normal again.
- Back to work! Me going back to work has brought some challenges. My mom obviously can't nurse him to sleep so napping has been a little rough. She can get him to take 2 naps using the swing (which I'm not crazy about to begin with) but she can never get the 3rd nap out of him. Also, he's eating more than I can pump (either because of the bottle or just being overfed) and I can't keep up!
- Fussy evenings - Jack has been getting pretty fussy in the afternoon to the point where I just have to hang out outside until Joey gets home. Some days I haven't felt like going for a walk or to the park, so we've just been hanging out in the driveway, pretending it is a yard, or just pacing back and forth in the wrap.
 |
Hanging in the driveway
|
JACK LIKES...
- Still likes...sleeping in the swing, stroller walks, white noise, chewing on things, the carrier, books, standing, his toys, the porch
- Being outside! Even if it means sitting in the driveway!
- Playing in front of the mirror
- He's too big for the playmat but loves just playing on the floor, on the bed, or in the pack-n-play
- Food! He goes CRAZY if you try to eat in front of him. It is hilarious.
- His jumperoo! Although it took him a while to warm up to it. He mostly just taps his right foot and it looks like a hoedown, it's hilarious!
- PBS in the morning - Turns out TV is a great babysitter while I'm getting ready for work
- His grandma nanny - She is SO good with him. It is so cute to watch!
- Phones and iPads! - Licking them mostly...He will scoot across the room to get to an electronic device.
WE ARE...
- Having fun feeding him new foods
- Loving taking him places and doing things with him
- In absolute awe of his cuteness (will this ever subside?)
- So thankful to have my mom here to help!
 |
| Finally fitting into the GT hat! |
 |
| Matching daddy! |
 |
| Hi smiles! |
 |
| So serious! |
 |
| So cute!! |
 |
| Somebody's tired! |
 |
| So happy! |
He looks so old now, I can't wait to see him again!!! Thank goodness that is soon! What a cutie! Love the pics!
ReplyDelete