Sunday, December 8, 2013

The Cutest Halloween Ever!

Halloween was ADORABLE this year (and easy - Joey and I were both excited to have a kid so we didn't have to find costumes for ourselves!) You may have seen some of my pictures on Facebook but I wanted to do a quick little post here to capture it as well. I usually try to hold out putting pics on fb until after I blog but they were just too cute. Don't worry, they are cute the second time around too. :)

BABY HALLOWEEN PARTY
Since you can't really go trick-or-treating with babies (although I kind of tried anyways), I planned a little party with my mom friends to give us all a chance to dress our babies up and marvel at their cuteness. We met in the park the Saturday before Halloween and it was just as cute as I knew it would be. 

Jack waiting for his buds to arrive
We had a hand-me-down dragon costume from Joey's cousin Laura and it was awesome. We were a little worried it would be too warm for a San Diego halloween but it wasn't too bad.

It's GO time!

ROAAARRR! :)

A flying dragon!

Check out this crazy new Google moving picture thing!

We had a good showing from my mom friends and all the costumes were great.

Everyone loves a baby halloween party!
Denise and baby William as a tiger
I loved this little picture of Jack with his hand on little William's shoulder.

It's ok buddy, I got you!

Baby Alex in a home made Snoopy costume

 Some of my friends even dressed up in a family costume!

A family of foxes
Superhero family!
And my personal favorite...

Bank robbers with their loot! So clever!
I bought a couple pumpkins and set up a little area for photo shoots.

Big boy Jack!
Then Lisa brought some balloons and a orange blanket that really made our backdrop pop. 

It takes a lot of people to get a baby to smile!

Happy Halloween!

Our first family Halloween

Snoopy's photo op

Then we tried to get a few group pictures. It was hilariously impossible to get like 7 babies to all sit up and look at the camera. Babies were falling over everywhere. 

Attempted group shot
This picture is my favorite! Haha.

Watch out Robin!

And everyone brought yummy snacks to share. I made monster brownies. I thought they turned out pretty cute. :)

My monster brownies. Yum!

It was a super fun afternoon but after a few hours Jack was done! He was a little fusspot so we had to head home. 

Whaaaa! Enough is enough!

And our little dragon was OUT before we got home.

Too much Halloween fun

It was so much fun seeing all the babies in their costumes. Next year will be even more fun when they are all walking. I'm so lucky to have such great mom friends here! 


HALLOWEEN NIGHT
On actual Halloween, Joey was out of town for work, so I just walked around the neighborhood with a couple friends. The babies were too young to partake in the festivities but I got excited for years to come!

Tricia's the only one showing Halloween spirit...

One of the houses went all out and put up a animatronic skeleton and pumpkin band that sang Halloween songs. It was awesome! I could've stood there all night and listened to the cute little songs, but Jack didn't care too much.

Jack is not amused by the singing skeleton

And could care less about their sign...

A lot of the houses went all out actually. I kind of feel like my neighborhood is out of a movie or something. One house even had a huge dragon robot thing (at least 10 ft tall) that moved and blew smoke. It was pretty cool.

This might be the house with the dragon but I don't see it in the picture...

Creepy house with a man dressed as a creepy old lady out front

Nightmare before Christmas house

I can't wait until Jack is old enough to trick or treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment