ESTIMATED SIZE
- Weighs 20ish lbs - I have no idea really. We only weigh him at doctor visits since I'm no longer going to the breastfeeding group. I do know that he has quite the belly!
- Length probably still around 27.5 inches - No updated measurements
- Time to move up! Diaper blowouts are back so it's time to get some size 4 diapers. We did some consignment shopping over the weekend and he's squarely fitting in 12 month clothes and even pretty comfy in 18 months.
 |
| Look at that little belly! |
DAY TO DAY
- Like a machine! With both of us working full time, our week is pretty cookie cutter - Wake up at 6:30 (or as early as 5:30 if we are unlucky), get ready while Jack watches Sesame Street in the jumperoo, drop Jack off at daycare around 7:30-8, Joey picks him up around 5:30, cook and eat dinner around 6:30, quiet playtime after, bed at 7:30ish, and Jack is out! Weekends are a little messier. Jack wakes around the same time or sleeps in a bit but naps go out the window without the daycare routine. He does take 2 naps around 9:30 and 2 but it is a fight to get him to go down.
- Entering toddlerhood - Jack is cruising all over the place and babbling nonstop. He can definitely understand me sometimes, like when I tell him to come to me, ask him if he wants milk, or tell him no. No recognizable words yet but it feels super close - especially with mama and dada. He looks like a little kid in his clothes, especially when he is just standing. I can't wait for what is in store!
MILESTONES / FIRSTS
- "Slept through the night!"by the technical definition anyways - 6 hours
- Drinking milk from a sippy cup - we are in the process of ditching the bottle
- Cow's milk - I think he acted a little weird after it so I don't really want to give any more to him. Joey does when I'm not around though.
- Shoes! Little leather ones - for prewalking and to prevent him from pulling his socks off at daycare
- Road trip! - 5 hours to Vegas, not too bad!
- Valentine's Day - We didn't do anything fun (because we were both sick) but he got a few Valentine's from friends. So sweet!
- Big kid PJs - Tried on his first pair of tops and bottoms instead of the footie onesie. He looked ADORABLE. So exciting!
- Riding in the convertible car seat
- Eating a banana whole - He can bite it off now. So much more convenient on the go.
CHALLENGES
- Not enough hours in the day - With working full time, getting home at 6, cooking dinner and a 7:30 bedtime (which seems to be creeping earlier all the time), I feel like I hardly get any time with my little munchie during the week. I cherish cuddling through the night, our few minutes of playtime in bed each morning, and watching him play on the floor every night after dinner. But when it's all said and done, that's only about 30min -1hr of quality time a day. The weekends are better of course but there are so many errands to run and things that pile up during the week that the time isn't always best spent then either. I may also be considering going back to work permanently in the next few months, so this might be how it is for a while. :(
- Getting picky - Our little piglet is starting to turn up his nose at certain foods. He used to love everything but now he won't eat some of his old favorites - zucchini, butternut squash, and he is even picky about cheerios! Overall, he's still a good eater but I'm worried about him only wanting bread and cheese at some point.
- Knowing when to introduce rules/discipline - So now that Jack kind of seems to know what is going on, we have been trying to teach him NO. But the problem is that I (we) don't always know what we should be saying no to. There are obvious things - like things that are dangerous - but then there is gray area. Like when he pulls all the books off the shelf or drops his food on the floor. I feel like he is just exploring and learning about how things work and he isn't hurting anything really, but then I wonder if it is bad behavior and I shouldn't let him. Joey doesn't really know either. I hope we aren't creating a little monster. Only time will tell...
- Still likes...stroller rides, the park swing, the bathtub, Sesame Street, books, egg toys, his toothbrush, the grocery store, roughhousing (being thrown in the air), chasing balls...
- A newfound love of peek a boo - especially when I creep around the activity block or pop out from below the stairs
- Pulling things off shelves - Which isn't making our daycare lady too happy. See discipline challenge above...
- Watching me balance things on my head - I see why kids like clowns now!
- Making funny noises - He loves when we flick his lips while he makes noise...it's hard to explain
- When Daddy comes into the room
- Animal noise app - A lifesaver on the road trip!
 |
| Makeshift entertainment on the road |
 |
| Antibiotics are yummy! |
 |
| Happy baby exploring the hotel floor in Vegas. |
 |
| Water bottles are the best! |
 |
| I love chasing things that roll! |
 |
| Getting the hang of the ball game |
 |
| Intently watching a little Sesame Street |
 |
| Hanging at the park with his birthday buddy Logan |
 |
| LOVING the hotel AC - his own little control panel |
 |
Some of his favorite toys - chewable toothbrush,
squeaky egg, and a hanky |
 |
| This park swing is delicious (yuck) |
JACK DOESN'T LIKE
- Drop-off at daycare - he stops crying before I even get in the car but he doesn't like when mama leaves!
- Long periods in the carseat - After the 5 hour trip to Vegas, he cried every time we put him in the car seat for days. He was scarred.
- Sun in his eyes - Who does?
- Wiping his nose - Even with very soft tissue, that's how we discovered that he likes when we flick his lips to make noises
- Taking shirts off - It's ok if it is quick, but he hates getting stuck!
- Being laid down - Maybe he doesn't like diaper changes or something but he does not like when you lay him on his back
- Martha Speaks - He is so not entertained. I can't really shower until 7am when Sesame Street comes on
 |
| No mommy, don't leave me! :( |
WE ARE...
- Learning about each other's parenting styles (and our own) - Joey is apparently stricter and more conservative then I am. I'm not as disciplined or as cautious as I thought I would be. He is still young but we'll see how our parenting develops.
- Planning his first birthday - Dinosaur pizza party at the park! It should be good!
- Feeling like things are moving too fast and not fast enough at the same time - When will he walk and talk!? But wondering where our little baby went
- Starting to warm up to the idea of another baby, not just yet though! Maybe some time next year we'll shoot for a baby sister...
OUTTAKES!
Lots of good action shots this month!
 |
| He's still got those crazy looks :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment