Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Kara: 3 months!

This post is a bit late but Kara turned 3 months while we were on vacation in Florida. We are so excited to be out of the difficult newborn stage and looking forward to seeing her little personality bloom!


This month has been MUCH MUCH better. She is now a pretty normal baby - a little fussy when tired or hungry but otherwise pretty chill. She is now letting me nurse her to sleep sometimes so our arms are getting a break from all that bouncing. She is still waking up early thanks to Jack's 6 am "I'M AWAKE" cries and naps every 1-1.5 hours all day. She takes some naps in the swing, some in the bed, some in the wrap (if I venture out of the house), but mostly I just hold her. I really like holding her while rocking in the glider. To keep myself entertained, I just watch lectures from some online classes I've been taking on Coursera. I don't get much done around the house but I'm enjoying the snuggle time and learning a lot!

Getting cuter all the time!
My view most of the day
Napping on the couch (don't worry, I don't leave her unattended!)
Someone's getting a little fussy!
Weekend co-napping with daddy
Hanging out in the wrap on the go

She is pretty good at night and usually just sits in her chair or in our lap while we eat dinner. She gets fussy around 7pm and I have to stretch to keep her awake until 8pm for bedtime otherwise the night is unpredictable. She sleeps pretty well through the night and is sometimes restless but not too bad. I think she likes having her own space though so unless this is a phase, we might have to stop cosleeping earlier than planned - but I hope not!

Sitting in daddy's lap during dinner
We finally found a bottle that she'll take (the comotomo) so that's a relief! So I'll be able to leave for more than an hour or two when needed.

Taking the bottle! Hooray!
During the day, she likes sitting in her chair and just checking out what is going on. She is grabbing and chewing on her toys - primarily the winkel and freddie the firefly. She also likes her playmat and manages to get her hands and feet stuck in the toy loops. She is also loving chomping on her fingers - just one or two. She smiles when she is rested but is still a little stingy. She smiles the most when you eat in front of her. I guess she finds chewing hilarious.

Chilling in her chair
Playing with the winkel
Her new favorite position. You know what they say, "The grass is always greener behind you"
Smiles when mommy is eating. Chewing is just so funny!
A little sly smile
Hi Freddie
Swinging on the playmat
Watching the big boy action

She went on her first vacation this month - a week in St. Augustine - and she did pretty well. She was fine on the flights but it turns out she hates (and I mean NONSTOP SCREAMING hates) the car. Good thing she doesn't have to get in it much.

Sleeping on the plane
Very distressed on the car ride. The paci kept her from screaming the ENTIRE time...
Getting her feet wet in the ocean
Sleeping on the beach

Jack is the best big brother ever and gives her lots of love. He sings to her when she cries and holds her hand when she is upset (like when I'm suctioning out her nose!) He explains to her that sometimes she has to wait because mommy and/or daddy are helping him, but she'll get her turn. It's so freakin' adorable.

Jack loves laying next to his little sis

And trying to hold her

Here he is trying to get a smile out of her for her 3 month photo shoot. Didn't work though. He just distracted her.

I'm not sure how much she weighs or how long she is but since she's been gaining about a 1/2 an ounce a day, I'd guess around 12lbs or so. She's still wearing 3 month outfits but I sometimes put 6 month ones on her too.

Hi big girl!
Dressed for the occasion
Standing on my lap at the beach
Stylin' with Grandpa Ace
We are getting so excited about the months to come and really looking forward to seeing her personality come out. We think a lot about what she'll be like when she's Jack's age and are trying to be patient and enjoy the cuddles of the baby stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment