Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Kara: 4 months!

Kara is now 4 months old! Time is flying (but also creeping) by.



At her most recent well check she was 12 lbs 11 oz (18%) and 24 inches (29%) - in size 2 diapers and almost growing out of 3 month outfits. Her percentiles are falling and making me a little worried but the doctor didn't seem to be too concerned. She'll be starting food soon but in the meantime I'm just going to try to feed her more often and keep an eye on her weight. She looks healthy and happy so it's probably fine.

Wearing Jack's diaper..Oops
Bath bunny
Hi pretty girl
Grabbing those feet!

This month I decided that Kara is now the cutest baby ever (just to me, of course). She has the sweetest little face and just melts my heart when she smiles - which she does quite often now. She recently started giggling which is even sweeter. I swear every parent needs a shirt that says "Will work for baby giggles" - and it's certainly true for me!

What a sweet smile!
And another one...
And another one!

She is a little roly poly and starting to get a little bit mobile. She can haphazardly roll from front to back and back to front but not very intentionally. She kicks her legs to scoot and arches her back to spin around. She likes laying on her tummy now and is getting surprisingly close to sitting up. She is more interested in books and toys and is quite grabby and talkative. She isn't drooling yet but she likes to chew on our fingers and everything else so I think pre-teething is coming soon.

Good head holding!
Chomping on daddy's thumb
Chomping on her own hand
Grabbing the blanket
Rolling - Action shot!
Half rolled over
Just gotta pull that bottom arm out!

All these changes have been affecting her sleeping a little bit but not too bad. I sometimes have to pin her arms to her side and hold her firmly while nursing her to get her to be still enough to fall asleep but it's not awful.

She's on a pretty set, yet flexible, routine and the days go by pretty fast. She still naps every 1-2 hours and sleeps from 45 min up to 3 or 4 hours. I still swaddle her and either bounce or nurse her to sleep and let her sleep in my arms or set her in the swing if I need to get things done. When she's awake, she's pretty good. We don't really have a fussy hour and she's much easier to take places now.

Let's call this the summer swaddle
Joining us for dinner
Hanging out at the beach
Just hanging out while Jack plays
Hanging out with daddy (with a goopy pink eye)
I only have a couple weeks at home before I go back to work so I'm trying to enjoy every moment with her. It's hard though because honestly hanging out with a baby can be a little boring. I read her a few books and help her play with toys but it can get old pretty fast. I haven't been getting out of the house much, mostly because I don't have any friends on maternity leave left and it's too hot outside to go for a walk. So we just lounge around the house and nap off and on. On the days Jack is home, it is better but he's still at daycare 3 days a week.

Playing with Mr. Zebra
Starting to show interest in books
Watching mommy cook from her new high chair
Playing with the playsilk

Jack is so sweet and often tries to soothe her when she is upset by singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star or Old McDonald, getting her a toy, reading her a book, or even getting the iPad. It's adorable.

Sweet head kisses
Sibling giggles (so much for trying not to share germs!) 
Jack showing Kara how he brushes his teeth while she takes a bath

It's really exciting to see her transitioning out of the newborn phase and into a bigger baby. I remember 6 months being a big turning point with Jack so I'm a little anxious to get through the next two months when the real fun begins!

Our sweet girl





No comments:

Post a Comment