The last two weeks have been UNBELIEVABLY busy! Two weekends ago I was in San Diego and since then I have driven to Columbia, flown to Boston, came back to Atlanta, flown to New York City, flown back home, and then back to South Carolina. If I were to do this post properly it would require about 100 pictures and pages of explanation so I'm going to just do it the shortcut way. But first...
NEINER MOVES TO JAPAN!
My best friend Chris has decided to move to Japan for one year to sow his wild oats. He will be teaching English in a Japanese school a few hours outside of Tokyo in a town called Toyohoshi (I have no idea how to spell that...) I am sad to see him go but I am so excited for him! Plus, Joey and I will have a local to stay with in Japan and we are DEFINITELY going to make that trip out there.
So to celebrate his last night in Atlanta we went out to dinner. We wanted to do something really American before he flew off to the other side of the world, so naturally we chose to eat Ethiopian...
It was delicious but neither one of us could bring ourselves to eat the egg...
24 HOURS IN BOSTON!
At the very last minute, I received the opportunity to fly up to Boston for a very important meeting. So I packed an overnight bag and headed for the airport. I had a really good time. I met up with my cousin Ruthie and her husband Dave and son Lucas for breakfast and then walked around the city a little bit. I started to fall in love with the city a little bit but I was heartbroken when it rejected me. Maybe some day in the future Boston, we'll be together....
Click below to see my album!
A WEEK IN NYC!
Less than 24 hours after getting back from Boston, I was on the road again. This time to New York City. I went with my friend and coworker Jenny to conduct some interviews for work. We stayed downtown near Times Square and ended up driving out to some of the suburbs for some of the interviews. Jenny was brave enough to try to drive the rental car through the city. We didn't have too many interviews scheduled so we ended up with quite a bit of free time. Unfortunately, I was way behind with work from all the travelling and I had to stay in the hotel a lot to play catch up. I did get to see a little bit and eat some delicious food, and I got a chance to relax and exercise a bit in the hotel gym, so it turned out to be a good week.
Click below to see my album!
When I got home from New York, Joey had a surprise waiting for me. We have had an ongoing joke for a couple years now about how much I want a bouquet of fruit flowers (click HERE to see an example). They are really expensive for some reason - like $50 plus for a small bouquet and so I never really wanted him to spend the money on them. However, that hasn't stopped me from asking for them for every single holiday or occasion that has come up. Well, while I was in New York, he realized how stressed I was and decided it was finally time. But being the fiscally responsible person he is, he decided to MAKE them for me! And since he knew that I would want documentation of the whole process, he took pictures of him making it too! It was the best surprise ever. I am one lucky girl. :)
Here I am after I found it. It was hiding unsuspectingly in the fridge! I couldn't be happier or more surprised!!!!
AN ADVENTURE AT THE ANDERSON JOCKEY LOT
The next day after I got home from New York, we decided to go up to Fair Play, SC to visit Joey's parents. On Sunday, Joey and his dad went to play golf so his mom and I decided to have a little southern adventure. We drove up to the "Anderson Jockey Lot" to see what all the hubbub was about. You might ask, "What is the Jockey Lot?" well, words cannot describe it! I guess you could call it a flea market meets a farmers market but it's so much more than that...there is so much culture and hidden treasures. I'll give you the highlights below and you can see the full album at the bottom of the post.
Here is Jan outside the Jockey Lot. At first glance it looks like an innocent flea market. Don't let that fool you!

My first find of the adventure - a cowboy kitchen accessory that holds your spoons. Now that's classy!
Great find #2 - Snuggies for dogs! I don't have a dog but I thought about getting one just in case I ever do!
There was also a HUGE section outside with all sorts of stuff ranging from yard sale goods to camo, guns, and confederate flags. Its a one-stop shop!
Click below to see the full album...
It was really a great time. I had so much fun looking at all the booths and spending time with Jan. It was the perfect ending to a busy couple of weeks!
NEXT UP: Weekend at Jenny's with Beth and family and Chris and Sam (this will be a good one!). And maybe some life updates...stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment